Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Family of 6!!!

written Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yup we are finally at a point where both mom and dad no longer have any hands available. 4 kids, 2 for each of us, 2 boys, 2 girls and a whole new world of craziness and chaos. Lil' Elle is 3 1/2 weeks and growing like crazy. I love it when they are babies and their heads nestle right under your chin. ahhhh. She is making us all very happy. Love a new baby! I have to set the timer for 5 min each so everyone gets their fill of baby Elle. (the best is Forrest saying her name, he keeps his tongue out the whole time.... will have to catch that one on video).

The new baby is great, the change in dynamics is something else. Suddenly everyone else is fighting, hitting, and biting. What happened to my kind children. I'm giving this new behavior a month and then we'll be dishing out some serious punishments.

The weather is changing and sadly getting colder. Time to reorganized the kids clothes and get summer stuff outta here. At the same time I should be organizing mine as to prego, fat, super fat and hopefully one day clothes. Those prego clothes have had a good run, I have worn them so much.... (sadly still am) but I look forward to the day I can be rid of them. Yes I'll miss the excitement as a new baby grows, and the changes in myself daily as we get to know each other. I'll miss the opportunity to eat what I want when ever minus the guilt, because "it's all for the baby". I'll miss the kids giving my belly kisses and telling me all about what they will do with their new baby, a baby they love and have yet to meet.

But I won't miss the inability to sleep, but gain the ability to go pee 24/7. The pain to sit, to sleep, to clean, to walk, to do about anything, except eat.... :) I won't miss watching the scale go up every week no matter how good I'd been with eating and exercising; just didn't matter what I did. I won't miss wearing those same 5 outfits, you can only change them up so many times. I won't miss the eager, fearsome anticipation of knowing that a painful delivery is in the works (somehow I never enjoyed the bliss of an epidural or major drugs).


No comments