Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

this post probably just for me.... A Glimpse of Today

Forrest fell asleep as I am writing this--
right in the middle of eating his ice cream.

Bathtime....
Forrest eating a little snow with dirt on top---yummmmy!
Tagg, Raul and Berkeley playing in the snow
All the kiddies hanging on the bed!!


I haven't been on for a while, and I am so sad. This is actually more like my journal-- it's here I share my photos and stories..... I've been away for so long that I think I've forgotten many of the good things in my life, and hopefully a few of the bad ones. Its been a very difficult year, but some how we are still here and kicking.

We are still in Grande Prairie. It's been a good home for us.
Tagg is busy with Kindergarten, Loves school, his teacher and the kids. He is always drawing or "inventing" something. It actually amazes me as he thinks up new things to create (and amazes me the way one simple box can last weeks of playtime!!) Berkeley loves the alphabet and is spelling her name, drawing, coloring. She always want to be on the computer and lets her little brother Forrest sit beside her as she plays his favorite games (hello blues clues.... gag!). Forrest is pretty husky little guy. Weighs about the same as Berkeley; and is into about everything the big kids are. Today I found him on the cupboard with the blender. He had actually opened and emptied a container of yogurt in it... making our ritual smoothie--without me??! eeks.

We have all the routines that work for us. mornings are chocolate milk and cartoons, everyone laying on their own special couch. cuddletime in mom and dad's bed. after school = popcorn and Ben 10 cartoon. Tues and Fridays are play-all-day-with-Raul days. Where my kids are so happy to have their friend over all day. {When I pick up Tagg from school that is always his first question "is Raul still here??"; they actually see him everyday-- they wait by the window for him to arrive in the morning,(& wait for his mom @lunchtimes
}. early suppers and bathtime--getting in all the play they can to completely wipe them out. Apples and water before bed. Days seem to drift into one another, weeks merge into weeks, suddenly the month has passed and I am still trying to get caught up on my laundry, all the other things on my list I put off till tomorrow. {THUS MY TARDINESS WITH BLOGGING, you know the laundry and dishes and bathrooms are waiting for me yet}. I seem to do the same things everyday--dishes, laundry, pick up, cleanup, organize, re-organize. Then the next day, we do it all again....oh-joy!!! I appreciate my mom , dad & family even more for keeping a clean house (many hands make light work). I've been trying to teach the kids to make beds, clean up dishes, fold clothes.... but truthfully the many little hands at my house make it all twice the work.

Luckily we are all healthy and well. Waiting anxiously for spring. I've got to get some energy to get our house tidied and organized and ready for our new arrival, due end of August. I feel relieved to think that this is probably the last time I will feel kinda out of control with my hormones, lack of energy, and wild eating habits.... But we are grateful for the blessing of a new baby--the kids are so excited and always want to talk to it, hug it, tell it stories. We were a little unprepared for another one, but what's one more bum to change???

Well thats a glimpse of today. Many more things to say, but better save them for another day. I don't want to run out of things to say :)

PS. Stay strong Tam. I'm behind you all the way!!

9 comments

Carey said...

i'm glad you are back at your blog...i miss reading the everyday things from you. sweet little forrest - i wish i could fall asleep while i'm eating. it might make my butt a little bit smaller!

.Ang. said...

So glad to get the update!!!

your kids are getting SOOO BIG!!!

Sure love you!!

xoxo

Ang

Shel said...

so great to see pics of the kids and to read your blog... missed you.. Love you so much.

congratulations on the new baby in August... the kids have grown up so much...

rough years seem to be teaching me too.... I think patience and survival... gratitude for the simplest things seems to bring a perspective of abundance (instead of scarcity)... hang in there...

tollestrupfamily said...

I love the daily digest - it makes me feel like I just visited your house and now know your life. I wish we could come visit or vice versa. We miss and love you guys!

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the baby news! You're awesome! Glad you're back on the blog...now I need to do the same.

I MARRIED a COPPIETERS!!! said...

Mo I'm so happy you updated your blog, and to see picture's of the kids:) Congratulations on your little one(belly) and can't wait to see you guys in April :)

Hussa&Emily

* give the kids hugs and kisses *

K's said...

Sharing your treasures with me made my day...thanks for posting some pics of the growing kiddies. They are so cute!! I'm so excited for all of you welcoming a new baby in August. You are doing what is most important. We love you and miss you.

Sherry

The Dudley Bunch said...

congratulations on the new one coming! So exciting, and ya might as well get em all here as fast as possible right?

Amy and Brad said...

I didn't know you guys were expecting! Congratulations! I laughed right out loud when you said you guys felt a little unprepared but, "What's one more bum to change" - that is SO true! You get to a point where you kind of think, "Bring it on!"

What cute kids you have. Loved the pictures. I also loved the update - my life is very similar (the routine with kids, etc.)

Hope we get to see you guys soon. Any plans to visit S. Alta. this summer? We're shooting for early August...but it sounds like you'll be having a baby then!