Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

getting back to paper

Those who know me know I love to scrap. I love to get my thoughts onto paper. I always loved picture books as a kid, for me these are my adult picture books....pictures and their stories ... or sometimes the stories with pictures to go with it. I have been so busy with digital stuff, doing pages, cards, learning new techniques for Photoshop, blogs, etc. I haven't scrapped in weeks. Perhaps it is the huge mess in my room that keeps me from opening the door. Or it could be the monsterous pile of laundry I must pass to get to the room, thus the guilt to stop -- do a load, only to find myself on to the next task--putting the scrap time off till later.

Thank goodness for KEEPSAKES! my scrap store-- being on their design team means I am responsible to have pages done for display there every month. We get kits of the newest items, & also a small credit to purchase stuff. Such a blessing for me as it is the only scrapping I do every month. I intend to do more... but time just moves to quickly & again it is the last day & I am still trying to finish up. aghhhh

But I do think about the pages for the full 30ish days. I sketch and draw out designs, think about photos, write snippets of journalling.... So here are a few of my latest creations:





Taggart & Berkeley playing out in the first snowfall. Funny how I couldn't keep them inside, but now as we are bombarded with the cold and snow, they hate to go out. Who blames them, I hate getting cold too. hurry up spring!!




I took this photo a few years ago when Tagg was 2yrs. The scan is a little off. You can barely see the white stitching at the top, the edges inked black all around the page and the dandilion overlay is actually more green than yellow. Love this page.




Forrest is nearly 1yr and I am 1yr minus -1month, behind in doing pages of him. {Each of my kids have a 1yr scrapbook of what they looked like and things they accomplished their first year. For Berkeley these are the only photos I have of her 1st year. So I know it is important.} Must be the THIRD child thing, cuz I just haven't been on my game. So that is what I chose for the store. I always keep these very simple, want to just focus on the picture.






IRL these pages look better than my scan shows. It has been years since I looked at these photos. After seeing 27 Dresses I resolved to find my photos and showcase them. I dug them up and just had a moment of joy. This was an amazing-way-too-quick trip to NYC. We had the best time together--made some super friends who showed us the sights (they were actual Japanese Tour Guides so we snuck around with them pretending to be their sisters, seeing the sights, though we didn't really understand a word they said). After being (lost, then...) found at JFK airport, we went to the World Trade Centre. I was in such amazement of such a beautiful city & so overwhelmed with everything that I didn't really pay too much attention to any of it. It seems like such a blur. But I am so grateful Jeremie took us there, (as it wouldn't of been something I would of thought to visit myself) --- from one of the the World Trade Center Towers we had our first view of NYC. Thank You Jer!

6 comments

Talia said...

Awesome, mo! You got tons done!! You are so great a getting lots of pictures on a page...I always get stuck doing the "1 photo/page" thing...you've inspired me!!
Luv ya, Tal xo

Sonia said...

Mo, I love the pages . . .I love that during your crazy days/nights you accomplish so much. I need to do scrapbooking in a bad way. I think if I had a place to leave it out It would get done so much more.

I don't want to tell you this . . . but isn't Forrest's middle name TIM? On the one page of him, you have Forrest Scott Tollestrup. I know how much work goes into it . . . oops! I only told you outta love - I LOVE YOU!

Saige said...

Oh MY GOSH!!! it is TIM. How could I have gotten it wrong?? Oh well. I'll fix it when it gets back from the store....hahahahha. too many late nights!!

.Ang. said...

I'm inspired!! You're pages are all so different and creative and I LOVE THEM!

love ya

Ang

Amelia said...

What a blast to see you pics of you and Angie. I love all you pages! I think you should seriously consider moving down here and then you could help me get back into scraping. Haha But seriously you should consider it. :0)

Tamara said...

Those are gorgeous! I can't believe how productive you are - that's more than I would get done in a year. I LOVE the dandlion overlay and the NY layout is fantastic! Good times!