Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Our 3 Kids..... eeks

Forrest Tim, 4 days old
First bath at home

Loves from big sister Berkeley
Our 2 little guys "Big Boy & Baby Boy"

OUR NEW REALITY...
~3 CARSEATS in a row~3 sizes of diapers

Berkeley & Forrest (10 days old)
Being loved...
~Grandma Helen

~Grandma Linda

~Grandpa Tim

We've had great visits from family. Thanks for making the trek up to our snowy north to see & play with us!! We've had so much fun & the kids loved spending moments with their grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins


Sometimes I can't believe we have THREE kids. Our house is completely CRAZY-- as both my & Scott's moms can attest. Life potty training a 3 1/2yr, dealing with a 21mos who will not talk & who is feeling a little left out, and a new baby is teaching me many things...

A. PATIENCE
B. PATIENCE
C. PATIENCE

I don't have a beautifully clean nicely decorated home, at our place there are toys, clothes, blankets, food & stuff all over the floors. My couch doubles as a trampoline and sometimes (when I'm not paying very good attention) a coloring book. When it is potty time, everything else stops; same with a crying baby--when Forrest cries Tagg, Berke, Dad & Mom rush to take care of him (D&M hoping to get there before brother & sister--or who knows what disaster could happen). A toyroom is essential. Dora the Explorer is a blessing. We couldn't live without our TV (pathetic I know). My favorite thing is a meal brought to my house (thank you to everyone).


I just need to remember a little PATIENCE~~~ for in time my house may be clean & tidy; but I will look back longing for the messes, the toys, the crayons, these chaotic moments when our world revolves around the kids, and their world around our home. I'll wish I could sweep them back to the days when they were little & we just cuddled on the couch, told funny stories, made cookies, got horsie rides from daddy and played with playdough.

AHHHH
just writing this reminds me to just enjoy tomorrow a little more.


Hope you enjoy your tomorrow too.

7 comments

Shel said...

The kids are beautiful and look good. The baby looks good. You & Scott are definitely in the trenches with 3 in carseats and 3 in diapers. But being close in age your kids will have so much fun together growing up. Sounds like it will soon be great when you only have 2 in diapers. You are an awesome mom with a great perspective on what the real treasures are in life. These are the most challenging and rewarding days. The hugs, kisses & I Love you's are given generously each day and you are their #1 person day and night. THAT CHANGES as they grow up. I hope you have meals coming in for a few weeks. You have enough to take care of. I wish things were different here - I would love to come and enjoy your world with you for a week or two. Get rest whenever you can. Love,Kindness & patience transforms a world of chaos. Keep up the good work and keep help close by. Love ya

Amy and Brad said...

We loved the pictures and the commentary! The pics of the three carseats and three sizes of diapers are classic!

You guys seem to be doing a fantastic job. Yes, it's a chaotic and unpredictable stage of life, but it is so fun and it is obvious that you are making the most of it, enjoying it.

You're right about someday missing the "mess" of this stage of life. My Grandma wouldn't clean my kids' fingerprints off her sliding glass door for weeks after our last visit. To her they were "sweet" :) It was a good reminder for me to relax where the housekeeping is concerned and enjoy the fun!

Keep up the great work!
Love,
Amy & Brad

Anonymous said...

I'm so scared for three. But you hit the nail on the head. Somedays I feel like the worst mother cause my house is a mess and i feel like all I've done all day is yell at my kids. The truth is at the end of the day I look at Bryn asleep in her bed and wonder when she grew up??? so you are right my house is a disaster but do my kids really know how much I love them? That spending my days with them is really the only thing that I want to do? All I can say is I hope so. You are a great mom and an insparation. I wish you all the best and patience. I can't wait to meet this wonderful little Forrest.
I love you! Thank you for being my sister.

Talia said...

look at your little family, mo! forrest is so cute and i can see how loved he is. don't worry about a clean house...no matter how hard we try it'll never happen and happy kids and babies are way more important!
love ya!!

.Ang. said...

Cute Kids!!! Forrest looks like he fits perfectly!! I can see the love! That's gonna be so fun for them to grow up together! and it'll happen before our eyes! I just know it!

Thanks for reminding me about patience. yes reminding me. Judging my last week i think i momentarily forgot it existed! and i've only got one little trouble maker!

You're such a great example to me and a great mom! Take care!

I love you

Anonymous said...

Mo! sorry it has taken me so long to get around to checking my email, but forrest is so cute! i really think he looks a lot like Nayvee when she was brand new. Congrats and good luck! it's a good thing that we usually get those little cuties one at a time. Tell scott hi for me! love from az

rebecca said...

You have three absolutely DARLING kids Maurita! And reading this reminded me...to just enjoy tommorow a little more too! THanks for that!

:)