Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

$1850.00??!!?!?@@#?**%%!!!!!!

$1850.00 is the quote I got back to get our external hard drive fixed and all the pix off of it. I am so upset. I only have pix of Tagg from birth to 4 month plus a couple other CD's of picts. Nothing of Berkeley for the first 2yrs of her life. Haven't even been using the camcorder, because it needs a new batterey. So if anyone has any photos of my kids...... Please let me know. I will pay you for the negatives or CD. Can't cost more than$1850.00. I spoke with the guy out of Toronto where we sent it, I guess they have to replace a bunch of parts to the MAXTOR (do not buy!) hard drive, and even then there is no guarantee that they can get the data recovered. seems like a ridiculous amount of $$$ for something that cost me $200. AGHHHHHHHHHHH

I've been crying and crying. At least I do have my scrap pages...just haven't done enough of them. So back up your photos today!!! lesson learned.

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Hey mo. that really sucks about your pictures. I think we probably have all the pictures that you've sent us. If you want i'll send them to you or put them on CD. Let us know. Bryce is good at that stuff. Hope all is well with 3 kiddies!! Take care, Lyndsi

.Ang. said...

OH NO!
That sucks! the thought occurred to me to back up my pictures the other day. I guess i should heed to that Prompting before I lose all mine. I really hope you can get a good collection back from everyone! It doesn't really occur to you how precious some things are until they dissapear!

Hope everything else is goin well!

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Does the motor work on the hard drive? Doug might be able to help you out, he says for $1500 (JK). But really he is a computer nerd so give him a call if you want him to give it a try..
Love you!
Candi

Donna said...

You know what I do after saving my pics to the computer? I download them in files to Futureshop. That way, if my computer ever crashes, they will always be there, just upload the site!

~Donna~

keekee said...

HOLY COW!

Tagg, Berkely and Forrest have grown so much!!! My little cousins!!!
Hope they don't get into mischif!
Aunt Rachel is having a baby for your 411... if you did not know.

keely.