Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

enjoying the sun........

We have lacked a full 9 mos of sunshine. Now we are packing it in. The weather is beautiful and warm. I'll have to get some photos on here of our day-to-day. Scott did a little wakeboarding tonight; did good, seeing that he hasn't done it in about 10 years. It's been about that long since he's been down here. But he is claiming to have "cracked a rib" after a great wipeout. Hopefully he's feeling better because we got another week at the lake.

OK... catching up on the past events. I had my own worse nightmare happen in front of me. We were at McDs. Just got there enjoying a little A/C. Tagg had just gone up the playplace. I never take my kids there because I assume it is just dirty and we don't need any extra bugs. Well my kid climbs up the stairs crawls around this netted circle thing and is standing at the top. When I hear it, a drip, drip, dribble. I look up and he is standing there peeing his pants. AGGGHHHHHH I rush up to help him--pinch it off, rip him out of there and I can't. We are seperated by mesh. The only way I can get him is to crawl thru the netted area around to the landing. (I don't know if that makes sense but....) I could do nothing. So we ended up leaving. (rushing out of there in shame--I still feel bad having the older lady to clean it up). So with the pee incident and the poop incident (read on) I am so tired of changing wet pants, diapers, shorts, skirts....etc. All 3 kids. So anyways what I always thought of other moms and dirty playplaces, has become my own humbling reality.

It is beautiful here. Gorgeous and green. Huge beautiful lakeside homes. Across from Gibb Cabin (where my family is staying-- our lovely 1 bedroom cabin) there is a HUGE $10 million mansion being built. I am so curious as to whom will move in. Can't wait to meet those neighbors.

11 comments

Jen said...

Hi Maurita!! So you are hanging out at the lake...lucky girl....I have missed seeing you...but I am looking forward to Kalispell....we will be down there on the 15th or so...just in time for the State fair....I am sooooo excited, because it will also mean that I am moved!!...lol...talk to you soon....Jen

Shel said...

enjoy the sunshine and time together... they are the times that hold us together forever... especially when the going is tough. so laugh lots and relaxx and enjoy.... :) Luv ya, Shel

Amy and Brad said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Glad you're having a great time...(minus the poo/pee incidents!)

We'll be in S. Alta the first couple of weeks of August..any chance you guys will be around?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about you guys...glad to hear that you are having fun at the lake enjoying the sun. Hope to see you all when you get back and delete my message at home...ha-ha
take care and I hope the kids are doing great, specially Tagg, poor child, summer holidays eh??
take care
Sylvia U.

Sonia said...

I haven't read on yet (re. poop) but as I'm trying to figure a way to fall asleep, this is NOT helping it. I'm laughing and can picture it in my head. . . Thanx Tagg for keeping this crazy insomniac awake even longer!!!! Miss chatting with ya!

Tiffany said...

Soooo glad your back!!!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OMG!! SO GLAD I GOT INVITED!!! oh...nevermind i didnt.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Natasha said...

hey mo!

i am so glad to hear more about you! echo lake is such the dream. we get to be there aug 21-23rd ish. will you still be around?

oxox tash