Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Happy 3rd Birthday Berkeley!!

I am the worse blogger---I am always playing catch up. Since we've been back in GP our internet is on the fritzzzzzzzzzzz. I've had our wonderful computer guy come by 2-3Xs but it still isn't working. Luckily we can get somebody elses unsecured internet-- a very weak signal so I can't upload photos, only check email and hopefully a little blogging...

Today is Berkeleys 3rd Birthday. We didn't do much yet-- such slacker parents.... will do something this weekend. Actually to blow out her "birthday candle" Scott lit a big pumpkin scented candle and everyone took turns blowing it out. :) No cake, only ice cream--yummmm. She got to pick out a little present at the store. She took one of every princess barbie and put them in our cart. Slowly I pulled them out one by one; she came home with one Sleeping Beauty, but keeps asking for Cinderella, & Belle, & Pink Fairy (oops).


But the poor girl she needs some love..... on Friday we met friends at the park. She and her best friend were twirling on a little spinner thing; Berke got scared and lept off before I could grab her; She jumped backwards, but fell forwards and ended up BONKING her chin on the bottom of the spinner. Instant screams and blood fest. So I grabbed her and Forrest and took her to ER. (left Tagg with my friend--don't even think he noticed we were gone.) Berke didn't cry too much until the needles came out. She ended up needing 5 stitches in her chin. She was pretty brave but the nurses were still surprised by the HUGE SCREAMS coming out of his little girl. She was back laughing soon after.

















9 comments

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you're back online! We've missed ya! Berke is so cute! I love her long dark hair. Hope she has a great birthday!

Shel said...

Great to see an update. Happy Birthday Berkeley! Sorry to hear about the stitches - I think we have a few in our family with (chin stitches) - it reminded me of when I was babysitting you at the house on the farm when you nose dived off the top of the swing set and hurt your nose... All part of growing up I guess. painful though. Luv ya

Amy and Brad said...

Happy birthday to Berkeley...and a 'get well soon' also! Those stitches look impressive!

Sarah Shaw said...

hey everyone needs to hear the rest of the day! the part where you came aback after an hour and a half to pick up Tagg ... took my kids to play at your house so you had 5 at your house, and Berke and Geneva played for the rest of the day like it was nobody's business. Can't believe how easily she bounced back from that!

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday Berkeley! Can't wait to see ya'll and give ya loves. Berke is a little Maurita and boy oh boy, Forrest is a Tollestrup! :0) Love it! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Talia said...

Oh, poor Berkeley! I can't believe she needed 5 stitches!!
She is GORGEOUS...
give her kisses from us!
Happy Birthday, sweetie!!
xoxo

MEG said...

OH MY!! I Cannot believe how big Berkeley has gotten! She looks like a real "GIRL"! Happy Birthday to the Princess! We miss you guys, and it makes me sad to think that forest & claire could've been friends, we will have to make a trip up to visit after this baby arrives!

Angie said...

Ouch! Poor Girl! I love checkin' in on your blog and work. Have a great day!

The Dudley Bunch said...

Maurita, cute blog! I am so glad you checked ours and left a comments so I could find yours. Your kids are darling. See ya soon.