Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Got the hint!!

ahhhh :) Had to laugh as my dear friend Leslie offered her daughter to babysit for me so I could get caught up on a few things--like this blog. Thanks Leslie & Marin

So What do we do in the wintertime when all the world is white??? we bake, we cook, we eat. yikes.... I need to add we work out too-- does a dozen batches of laundry up and down the stairs count??Tonight for Family Night (every Monday) we made cookies. Tagg ate half the dough before we cooked them and then while I was bathing his siblings he ate the other half, fresh from the oven. YUMMY!! We love choco-chip so here is our fave recipe:

INGREDIENTS

  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or milk choco--depends what I have)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir so all ingredients are mixed.
  3. In large bowl, combine sugars, and butter. Mix until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy.
  4. Add 1 cup of dry ingredients at a time to mixture until all is incorporated. Drop cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Scott is upstairs watching "I AM LEGEND". I've seen it once, but even after 15 min I am freaking out; don't even dare come downstairs for fear of a bald, shiny, thrashing pokey-teeth terror will dart out from one of these rooms.... If you haven't seen it, you should; but don't watch it alone, don't watch it at night--this is a daytime movie; but should you doubt me & you decide to venture into the night time to watch this movie, make sure every light in the house is on (& you have some to hold on toooooo).

Speaking of cooking... my girlie Carey has a great blog with great photos and easy recipes. Check out Carey's Cooking. Her recipe for Potato Soup is FAB!! I've made it a couple times for people and have had great reviews!!

I need to finish up some Christmas Cards so better get crackin'.... {besides I can't go upstairs as Scott is still watching the adorable Will Smith on LEGEND....too freaky for this chicky!!}

2 comments

tollestrupfamily said...

YEA YOU BLOGGED! I love checking in on the chaos and knowing that even thought we are far apart we are both living somewhat similar lives although I KNOW you are getting way less sleep than me (and I don't get a lot) and we have no snow. :)

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad that we don't have snow...yet. I'm sure we will have one snowfall but not until after Christmas. The weather has been beautiful here!! Gotta love Texas! The cookies sound yummy, and I love potato soup so I'll have to check out your friends blog. But for now, back to work! Glad you're back!