Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Thoughts on TLC... miss you gals!!

old post I never posted--why post now?? more for me than anyone else????....

written back in Aug.Where shall we start..... BEEE-U-Tee-ful weather we are enjoying here. plus 30C. which is ridiculous for GP. But we are happy-- our garden perhaps not that much. We hit the pool yesterday and all my kids were fish. yeah!! still have some need for a lifejacket, but Berke and Tagg were in the shallow pool (where he can touch) both without lifejackets-- jumping in. Berke was a little under water most of the time but thought she was too cool without a jacket like Tagg. She was daddy's #1 waterslide partner-- hit it with him a few times. For me going back to the pool is 2-fold. I love the place. & it makes me sad....WHY??? I spent much time organizing and planning, prepping and luving that place. I worked there for several years with Fab Folks (some of whom are still there) that I adore and cherish their friendships. But instead of being the working gal I thought I was, baby #2 came & I decided to recede my working plan for our kids. I did it gladly---- but on days when I go to The Leisure Centre.... I miss it; sometimes so much I shed a few tears. Miss the friends, the challenges (though my 3 challenges here keep me busy), miss that stage of my life. The City was a Great employer. They helped me develop into who I am with additional learning & hands-on training. But it's been a couple yrs since I resigned, I don't recognize many of the lifeguards, they've painted and developed and done some wonderful things there. Just so proud to have had a little part of it......

So on to my next great adventure..........



No comments