Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

NIGHT OWL on the PROWL!!

We are in the down stretch of summer. Finally when it was gorgeous outside for the weekend-- I was a hermit indoors trying to get all my project done. Now it is rainy and I'm kicking myself that I didn't enjoy the sunshine while it was here. Isn't that the way life always it. Plus in GP you never know if it will be as hot again for another year.

Those who know me, know I am a night owl. Its not that I don't love to sleep (I DO), but I'd rather stay up late without kid interruptions getting my stuff done. MY STUFF: no household tasks those dishes can wait till morning; just other stuff. & yes the mornings kill me. Since Scott has been up at 6am getting ready for work. I also have 2-3 other kids who hear him & they get up too... aghhhh. I should buy a share in the DrPepper Corporation as that is what keeps me going. I've been to bed every night between 2-4am; just cuz it is finally my "quiet" time. Just like tonight {it is 12:30AM and I am just beginning phase 2 of my to do list. #1 was update my blog. (YIPEE)}.

So here are a few pix of my projects, mainly scrap stuff; few faves from my digi-biz (currently in the process of revamping it so it is more cost-effective for both myself and the client... created a new name & new website (still linked to the old one) www.bitsofyou.com. Like the idea that through these designs we can share "bits of you" with family and friends. Starting in Sept I have a booth at the Farmers Market here to display my stuff. LOTS of new stuff. I thought it is only a couple hours a week, but perfect for Christmas cards, place to meet with clients, etc....

Now for the paper scrapping. Thankfully I am still on the design team for Keepsakes Inc. here in GP. It keeps me on my toes as I am always late handing in my pages. But so much fun to keep my hands busy with something I love. {& new products to try out is always fun too). But as I look at my crafty/storage room-- I can hardly get to my scrap stuff because of all the clutter--SOOOOO I've slowly been organizing it for a garage sale. Amazing all the once-useful junk that lines the shelves; not having been touched for years. Once I get it all cleaned up we'll move the 2 older kids downstairs to the playroom, make the suite the playroom for fun and crafts (it has cupboards and a sink in there--perfect) then get Forrest into his own room. The poor kid has been sleeping on a foam in the corner of our room --- The joys of small space living.


Anyhow have a look. I have dozen more paper layouts to scan and get online but it takes too long--I am not that energetic yet. As for digi I am getting better and better as I learn more about Photoshop {self-taught photoshopper thanks to internet tutorials... thank you!!!} Most of these cards are proofs that the client didn't use. A couple I've edited names and stuff....



now these next couple pages are suppose to be side by side--
but tonight I'm just too tired to take the time to do that so you get the idea.

Berkeley

Wynder kids
Uncle Ry and Aunt Emily
(sorry for the poor scan--much better in real Life)

5 comments

Talia said...

Awesome stuff, Mo! You've been busy...I've done NOTHING this summer!!

Shel said...

Great stuff Maurita. This is beautiful...
(I was a night owl on the prowl when my kids were little...) BEWARE... sometimes it has bad side effects (in my case - a nervous breakdown)... TIP.. can't do it all the time.. only prowl occasionally... for your health,.. luv ya, Shelly

Sarah Shaw said...

don't know how you do it!

I MARRIED a COPPIETERS!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I MARRIED a COPPIETERS!!! said...

Love what you've done with our picture :)