Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Bits and Pieces....



I have been on my computer daily, but never get to blog. Seems like I have a million other project that need to get done. Sadly isn't everyone a bit like this?? Here are a couple of my latest birth announcement designs. Photo by her aunt-Sarah Shaw, fantastic job girl!!



I'll post a few others I've done later
and a few of the kids....
Mom left the other 2 alone a few minutes and guess what I found. Berkeley and Forrest unloading a couple cans of Dad's shaving cream all over the floor. I know it is a blurry photo but I had to share. Peek-a-Boo

We have started to enjoy some sunshine here. The ground is still brown with some snow covered parts, but good enough for my "hardy" kids to be out running around with out shoes &/or coats. We went on a "park adventure" today. Really mom's way of getting kids easily into the truck. We start at one park, play there for a while (until boredom hits) then goto another park... & continue until our time (patience) is up. When I say "Let's go" they run to the car, rather than me dragging them; because they never know where we are going next--another park, slurpees, and eventually home. Seems to work for me. Today was windy and slightly cloudy, but after Taggs school we went to a park with a few snacks, played-ate and then went to the grocery store to drop off our movies....


AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! One of my kids (OK the oldest one) decided that he needed bubble gum & mom wasn't buying, so he started crying. He fell down on the floor (oh the drama) crying out "my legs are dead because I need pink gum". Next I see him go arond the corner & catch him zipping up his coat. THERE WAS SOMETHING IN THERE. Nope, not gum (as I was keeping an eye on that) but a tummy full of Chocolate bars!~ ..Long story short. I left carrying movies in one hand, Forrest on my other hip, Berkelely trailing behind me, and one little boy crawling out of the grocery store crying because his legs were dead. No gum or candy. I'm sure the people around me wondered what was going on as they were pushing their carts around this howling little 4yr old. Finally home, I'm done with "adventures" for a while.

5 comments

Talia said...

oh, maurita...your stories always make me laugh! you are such a fun mom, taking your kids out to play...I gotta get on that, it's finally starting to get nice here, too!!
love ya!

Sonia said...

Couldn't we both tell that today would be full of adventures when we talked this morning . . . kids were howling then . . . aughhhhh.

You kids are stinkin' cute. Tagg looks so grown up, Berks hair is stinkin' long and little Forrest isn't so little anymore! Where does the time go?

As for the gum . . .been there, done that, except I haven't heard the "my legs are dead" line. NICE . . . At least you didn't have to make yet another trip to the store to have him return the gum and apologize for stealing!!! :o)
Love you!

Amy and Brad said...

It's gotta be the age - that sounds exactly like something Danny would pull ("my legs are dead because I need pink gum")

Hilarious! (though I realize it's not hilarious at the moment it happens)

K's said...

Hang in their girl!!! You are a great mom and the drastic "drama" moments pale overtime. One of our funniest was going "quickly" into the Bay for something. 2 year-old Andrew on one "telephone cord" like wrist band and 10 month-old Dallin on the other "telephone cord" wrist band connected to me. While I was standing near the checkout "almost to safety", they both decided to run opposite directions around a sunglasses display turn-style. It took a really long time to undo the tangle with kicking and screaming "ta boot". We had a not so polite audience who kept saying, "You've certainly got your hands full!!" - I hate that sentence. I never went shopping with both of them again for a loooong time. Shopping drama with kids seems to be a "rite of passage" for mom's. Love ya lots!
Sherry

Sarah Shaw said...

gotta love store tantrums! that damned candy right beside the checkout is my problem!