Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Daddy had a birthday. Tagg and Berkeley couldn't wait to celebrate. A pinata full of chocolates, birthday cake, presents.....

Okay so it sounds so great, but let me tell you how it all went down:

The pinata was a little green frog. We let the kids try and hit it down they were using a baseball bat but it was kinda heavy and the frog super-tuff. So Scott went ahead and smashed it with a bat until it fell open-- and the chocolate bars inside beaten to little pieces (inedible). YEaH. Then just as we were putting it aside, Tagg took a swing and the end of his stick poked his sister Berkeley in the eye. EEKS! luckily it really only left a scratch on her nose and the inside of her eye, nothing too serious.













The Cake. OH Pathetic. Some people love making and icing cakes. That is not me. Tagg wanted dad to have an "Optimus Prime" Semi-truck cake. 2 cake mixes later, an urgent call for Scott to pick up some food coloring, and a few toothpicks (to hold up the cab) we ended up with my Sudo-Masterpiece ;). The more food coloring I added to make it red, the pinker it grew, same with the turquoise blue. I also added too many cookies for tires. It tasted good, even though it looked bad. Even Tagg thought it was awful. oh well.... Happy Birthday Scott


2 comments

Anonymous said...

Okay Mo, I'm sitting here in tears...you are so amazing. "Optimus Prime" will never be forgotten and a pinata for Dad's birthday? You are a great wife and mom and I just love your family and the care you give to my big brother. I love him dearly. He's one of my heroes who has been there for me at times when I never knew I needed him. Just slipped in when I was going to fall apart or just been around when I was ready to give up. I love you guys and wish we lived closer.

.Ang. said...

You rock the party that rocks the pinata...

I've always thought that!

Looks like so much fun!