Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Start of September.

Forrest my human broom- crawling all over our floors, & sweeping them as he goes.
Berkeley enjoying cherries with daddy
Tagg playing with his fix-it kit (thanks Ivy & Zach)
Came to find the kids having a "snack"! Tagg just learned how to open the tops off. Oh Joy!

Forrest playing outside on an unusually sunny day!

Tagg wearing Kwades helmet....(it about pulls him over it's so heavy for him)
Tagg and his new bike, just learning how to ride it

Berkeley and her piggies


Tagg has now made it one week with Preschool and is luving it. No crying at the door or panics he loves to go in and find his new friends and toys. We have great teachers who have made the transition so easy. I find myself with only 2 to take with me to the gym. Forrest is still allowed to stay near me in his car seat and Berkeley is off to childcare. so great. I feel better just seeing old friends and meeting new ones. It does cost a bit, but so worth it.{just means I can no longer afford the fast food joints we were going to (eeks the cost of 2 happy meals--is ridiculous, especially when all my kids eat are a few fries and a drink of pop)}.

We went camping for a final week, last week, before we winterize the trailer. It was freezing and windy nearly all day so I'd come into town for the gym, shopping, home, etc. then we'd go back for afternoon-evening. Luckily it usually cleared up in the evenings so we had our bombfire, ate our smokies and marshmallows (a week of eating smokies--uggg --I am so done until next year!) The kids love it. It is so simple and definitely their favorite place to be. Where we were was only 20min from GP so easy to go back and forth. They have a few playgrounds, beach front (yucky water!), pathways. I'd load up the 2 older ones in the stroller and throw Forrest in his snugglie and off we'd go "adventuring". The last night we had a bunch of friends out and their kids so that made it even better for them --someone new to play with.

Sometime near the end of the week I banged up my big toe, lost a portion of my toenail and have been in excruciating pain all week. such a small area to inflict so much pain. I can't really walk on it, so we've been playing close to home this week. Any suggestions how to get infection out? I'm soaking with epson salt, and peroxide but still super sore.

Let me know if you have a wacky-but really working remedy.

4 comments

Shel said...

Maurita, I did that to my toe last year on the houseboat. I remember the pain.... I soaked my toe and kept neosporin on it and it got better but it hurt for a couple of weeks. The kids are adorable. Great pics. Luv ya, shelly

me said...

Good on you guys for making the most of the last sunny days. How sad that we'll all be holed up before too long! Those kiddies are sure getting to be so big and cute as ever. Love to see the pics and hear about the adventures in GP. xo, Jody

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics Mo! Looks like you had a fun last month. Your kids are so cute and I can't believe that forrest is crawling! Love ya

Talia said...

You guys have been so busy! I miss you, Mo! I love Berk's piggies (such a big girl) and Forrest is so cute!! I gotta call you soon so we can chat. Luv you lots!!
Tal xo