Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Wassup in the World of MO



At the Doctor's Office--agggghhhhh (Tagg is caught pulling out the tissues from the box!)


Here is the latest goings on in my world. Still upset about the photo situation; Thanks to those who have photos for me, or suggestions for future. I have downloaded a few to future shop in the past and was glad to find a handful of picts from the summer on there. Wish I would of uploaded a few more and made the 2005, 2006 photo books I had planned on. shucks.

All the kiddies and I are sick....getting better though, which is nice. Even Forrest caught the bug, which means he is hacking, can't breathe, barely eats.... OH JOY!! It was enought that I took all the kids to the drop-in clinic and happily we had a great Dr. He gave us a prescription for Berkeley who had an earache (has). and checked out the other 2; what a GONG show! Me hauling 3 kids, Tagg was crawling all over everything, playing with the lights, the stirrups, the medical tools, jumping here, crawling through there. insane. Each child cried as they had their check up. It was one after another crying. That poor Doctor. On our way out Berkeley fell and bonked her head on the door. I just picked her up & hauled her out. Got Forrest in the durango, went to grab Berke and realized she had one of those INSTANT HUGE, PURPLE, CONTUSIONS STICKING AN INCH OUT. AGHHHH . No wonder she was bawling and I was acting like nothing had happened. poor girlie. Can't wait to go back there next week for a follow-up
Then like a crazy woman I took them all to get the prescription. another hour of chasing & crying kids. You know the lady you look at in the store who has 3 kids shoved in a cart (little cart too) , the one that you take a 2nd glance at and wonder:

A) does she take some sort of mental prescription to do this daily??
B) does she know what birth control is??
C) how can I get around her and her wild children without making eye contact??

Hello that was me. I let them loose at the toy aisle-- Tagg took all the spiderman stuff off the shelf and organized in rows on the floor. Berkeley had to hold every stuffed bunny and cute easter thing, then callously threw them on the floor. Luckily Forrest was asleep most of the time, only a couple slight whimpers.

Besides that little adventure I have been quite a little hermit. just enjoying the fact that we dont need to go out and do anything. The weather hasn't been that nice & I do not lie when I say the snow drifts around my house are over 5ft. It is like a magical ice climbing haven for the kids, we have huge piles of snow in the front yard (as do most homes in GP, honestly you can't even see some of the houses in some residential areas). So my poor kids have been indoors for weeks, with only a few minutes of outside playtime till they are all covered with snow and begging to go back in (it takes longer to get everyone dressed to go outside, then they actually play outside). We have a little daily routine, but I am starting to feel spring fever and need to get out. Can't wait till we can venture down to the park...though little Forrest will be too big for my bjorn by then, I will need to figure out what to do as I loved to run around the park with the kids in the jogging stroller last year, now with 3..??..... hmmmmmm


Sorry this is boring, I am about to fall asleep---Church is at 9am, Scott is working so 3 kids and I----eeks. A whole 'nother world of craziness. Keeping my kids reverent for the 1st hour, hoping there are no diapers to change (as all 3 come out with me), Luckily Tagg enjoys primary & is only shy a moment, Berkeley on the other hand CRIES!!! when I leave her in nursery, plus I am now the 2nd Councilor in the Relief Society (called the week after having little Forrest) & feeling rather inadequate, lots to learn and grow from. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of the scrap pages I've done on here. Seems like I can only have ME time after 9pm and I am just so bagged by then, I'd rather lounge on the couch then venture downstairs. Whatever happened to my late night prowls??? I haven't done much lately... but I keep promising myself SOOON. (just like with exercising and eating healthly....)

6 comments

Shel said...

Great to hear all about your adventures with 3 small children. When I see circumstances like that I ask if I can help and I always notice how darling those busy little kids are. I remember those days... hang in there. You are doing the most important thing you can be doing... Loving little children and teaching and guiding them... they will someday be all grown up & contribute something great to the world around them. I admire your courage and strength. I hope spring comes to you soon. Here the azaleas, hybiscus, amarylis are in bloom. They are beautiful. But.. Todd's allergies are terrible .. poor guy .. itchy eyes, scratchy throat & runny nose.

Sonia said...

What is your blog called? Oh ya, "Cherish The Chaos", and trust me I know, sometimes it's easier said than done. It does get better, then worse, then better. You just need some good nights sleep and healthy kids and you will feel and see such a difference. I DO UNDERSTAND! It's just one of those things you honestly have to have at least 3 kids and a husband gone lots to be able to relate to. Remember, I think of you everyday (even when I don't chat with you on the phone) and I love you!!!

Talia said...

Oh, Mo...if there is anyone that can do it, it's you. Gray and I often talk about how we admire you as a mother and how awesome you are with your kids...you totally have the go with the flow attitude that i think all mom's with babies and young kids need. (something I totally need to work on!) You are brave for taking them all out...I only have 2 and I avoid going out with them by myself at all costs. You are doing an awesome job, I hope you all get better soon! We are all sick here, too...oh how I love infant tylenol. Hehe!! That is great about your new calling... I know it's cheesy, but serving will only bless you more! (I am in nursery now and often wonder how the heck I ended up there...2 hours with a bunch of crying kids...but it is worth it and I love them all). Love you lots!!
Tal xo

.Ang. said...

HAHAHHAHA!

Wait... DO you know what birth control is?!?! Just kidding!
Sounds like life is keeping you busy! You're a great mom! aren't you glad you wrote that blog about patience so you can look back and take your own advice for the crazy days! It's gonna be so fun watching them grow up together! Being so close in age and all!

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. and that the snow STARTs the melting process. (it sounds like that may take a while with the crazy amount you mentioned)

check your email.. I think i'm gonna send you a song today!

I love you

Anonymous said...

Mo I can only dido the comments that were already made and Tell you that between you and sonia I'm a little freaked out for september to come but I know that I will get through it. ( even when I don't think I can.) THANK YOU so much for always being a great example to me! I love you SO MUCH!

Anonymous said...

I laughed and cried and laughed and cried reading your treasured moments. I wish I was there to help you and give everyone hugs. I would say venture down for a few but can't imagine the ride...I miss you loads and think of you so often...give everyone squeezes and take one hour at a time...that's what I'm trying to do and I'm on a whole other level...Erynn