Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Chocolate Cake anyone??

OK, After years I made my favorite recipe for a chocolate cake yesterday & have been nibbling on it since..... yummy. When I was a kid my mom would make my sis Sonia and I take turns on Saturdays to make dessert for family dinner on Sunday afternoon. One time I found a recipe from a magazine for Hershey's 5 Minute Chocolate Cake. Ripped it out of the magazine & brought it home. Anything that could be made in 5 minutes so I could go play I was all over. It is super moist & yummy!!

So give it a try---then top it off with Sonia Super FUDGEY chocolate icing. Delicious. Even Forrest sat down with a couple plates of it. Chocolate disaster all over his face and my floor :) Guess he comes by the chocolate craving honestly....

ENJOY!!

HERSHEY'S 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE
Mix together:
1 1/4 cups four
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

then add:
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla

1 cup boiling water---ADD LAST
Pour into pans. Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes for layers, or 40 minutes for 9x13 pan.


SONIA'S QUICK COCOA FROSTING (tastes like fudge!)
1/2 cup margaine
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup milk
mix together in saucepan. bring to boil. Simmer 3 min.
Remove from heat and stir in 3 1/2 cups icing sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
Beat until smooth.

If it is too runny add a little extra icing sugar (powdered sugar) or I add a tablespoon or 2 of flour to thicken it without adding sweetness--cuz it is Fudgey!



3 comments

Sonia said...

YUMMY!!!

me said...

chocolate cake? don't mind if I do! it sounds mouth watering. too bad everything i make here always turns out not quite right. dang humidity. definitely not something we had to worry about in alberta! i'll conquer it yet!

Anonymous said...

ya, so Amber and I are both watching what we are eating, but last week we couldn't resist.. Amber was so Sick with Heartburn but this recipe was AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting.

Brent