Maurita Tollestrup. Powered by Blogger.

Happy Happy 34!!!

Well it is now official I have hit a new high in my life. Turned 34 yesterday (as of 1 min ago) July 27, 2006 was actually a fun day. No real stress---I am home in Raymond with the kids while Scott is working. I came specifically to spend time with my sister Sonia and her 2 boys who are here from Vegas. So today I went with my 2 sis's Erynn and Sonia +kids to Waterton. Surprisingly all the kids played super great together (which is a first). We climbed up to the top of Cameron Falls, threw rocks in the lake, had ice cream, saw a few friends (West Boys), played at the park, had a picnic, kids swam in the ice cold mountain lake.... such nice weather and so fun to play with everyone.

My dream age was 32 because a friend once said she loved being 32yrs, by then her life had some consistency, versus her 20's. I have to agree. I love my 30's as I am married to the man I LOVE, we know (kinda) what we are doing for work and life choices, own a house, have a family. Able to just sit back and admire some of the good choices I made in my 20's (paying for some too---AKA Student Loans) but overall 30s have been good to me--I expect 34 to be just as exciting as I watch our little business grow, kids grow, friendships and families grow (cant wait to meet all my new nephews and nieces!!), challenge myself to step out and complete a few more of my goals. I am very blessed to have so much love and good things around me. I read the news or watch TV and know that we are extremely blessed, lucky, good Karma---whatever you want to call it---- to enjoy the simple life we do. My heart truly breaks to hear and see the chaos that is occuring in the world around us. Of lives ruined in unexpected moments. I can't, nor do I want to imagine what I would do if my home was destroyed by earths fury--hurricanes, fires... or my child/family hurt or killed by violent attacks. What peace we enjoy. What calm is our life. Where sometimes my biggest stress is figuring out how to get my child to eat his supper. Sounds ridiculous in comparison. So I'll share what one of my goals is---( if you are a regular reader on here you may want to skip some of my future blogs...) My goal is to TAKE NOTICE. Take notice of the world around me, not ignore or be uneducated about the situations which concern us as citizens of the world. To not TAKE FORGRANTED the peace and tranquil life I am blessed with. To LIVE WITH PURPOSE recognizing my blessings. Better get off my Soap Box.....


Having said all that I did take time to really notice how Berkeley has really become independent---wants to try everything herself, even getting better about going to other people without a crying fit. And today Tagg let Berke hold his hand as we drove to Waterton. A FIRST, mind you he was watching "The Incredibles" and totally into the show so he probably didn't notice. But for a quick moments I saw a brief view of what could be, 2 siblings who love each other and get along. I am praying that day comes---SOOOON!! He loves his sister, but is awfully rough on her, she is just getting to be tougher. Good, so she can defend herself, Bad--as she is learning to push and hit other kids....EEKS please don't let this cycle of "roughness" continue.... Waterton was so beautiful. If you are away from Southern Alberta-- you know you are home when you see the mountains. Driving up there we had such a fabulous view, beautiful landscape, green rolling hills shadowed by towering Mountains. All you "Mountain Viewers" are a lucky bunch. A little piece of Heaven right there in your little village. Tagg was so excited to see the mountains ("big like Daddy") and Cameron Falls. I wonder what he thinks of it. Would love to read his mind as he is mesmoried staring at the white water crashing down the steep mountain slopes. To be small and think that that is the biggest waterfall in the whole world--in comparison with the irrigation spillways we have to stop and see.....


My mind is racing with a million and one more things to say, but my eyes are weak and starting to stare at the inside of my eyelids, better get off to bed, my kids haven't figured out what "sleeping in" is and 6am comes early. Best and much loves sent to you all. Happy Days to you tooooo!!!

love MO

1 comment

Talia said...

It sounds like you had an awesome bday!! We love you lots and can't wait to see you in august!